DRAFT MINUTES of the KINCRAIG & VICINITY COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Meeting held 7.00 pm on Tuesday 19th May 2020 by Video conference
Chair: Lesley Dudgeon TreasurerSusan Libeks Secretary Geraldine Macnab
Present: J Forbes Leith , Deirdre Falconer
1.Welcome & Aplologies:The chair welcomed everyone to the meeting. Apologies received from C Hayes and A Cairns
2.Minutes of Last Meeting:
The minutes from 11thFebruary proposed J.Forbes Leith seconded S. Libeks
10thMarch proposed S.Libeks seconded J.Forbes Leith.
Traffic monitor to be provided and installed from Highland Council .
They are presently working on proposals and prices for this. S. Libeks is progressing.
4.Planning & Roads
20/01563/FUL – 1- 40 Housing Development opposite Alvie School.
KVCC will object to the proposed development on the grounds of
- High Density housing as planned over the 2 development periods not appropriate for Kincraig which is still a rural village
- School capacity would be unable to cope with the proposed number of family homes
- There are inadequate transport facilities at present and also no local shops .
- Safe Route to School would need to be integral to the plan.
- Affordable rental properties should be included in the proposed plan
4.1. Kincraig & Kingussie Helpline is up & running helping people in the area. It is well advertised locally and seems to be working well.
4.2. Covid-19 Funding from VABS . The availability of this funding was given to local services.
Reports and Correspondence:
5.1 Treasurers Report :
Closing Balance £2049.88
Fund raised /Ringfenced account £13007.70
KVCC plans to spend money on tubs and bedding flowers this month
Any other Business
Wildland Scotland have agreed to fund repair of sections of the Right of Way path from Drumguish to the Forestry Plantation
Date of next Meeting: Tuesday 10thJune at 7.30pm venue to be arranged nearer the time.
Community Council Meetings are ‘open meetings.’ All residents are welcome
Facebook Page – Kincraig Community Council
Web Page – Kincraigcommunitycouncil.co.uk